Many years ago, I had one of those bright ideas that backfired on me. Instead of extruding lines of adhesive across the web of a production line laminating one sheet of paper to another, I replaced the extrusion heads with six spray values. Read more
Eclypse Polycarbonate Overlaminates
RTape is the only polycarbonate overlaminate manufacturer that extrudes its own polycarbonate film. We have more than 20 years of production experience extruding heavy gauge polycarbonate films. And because we control the process, we can better control of the quality.
RTape polycarbonate overlaminates are high quality embossed films, available in 3mil, 5mil and 10 mil thickness. Its heavy gauge construction provides exceptional abrasion and moisture protection for expensive tradeshow graphics, photographic prints and POP transparencies. The overlaminates are available in 38" and 51” widths, in 150 ft. rolls.
By eliminating the reflection of overhead lights, the velvet finish of these polycarbonate films allows for glare-free viewing. RTape polycarbonate overlaminates also protect prints from the degrading effects of UV light, thereby extending the service life of photographs and digital prints. These thick, rigid films, which exhibit excellent lay-flat characteristics, are ideal for protecting ink jet, electrostatic, photographic or screen printed images.
RTape polycarbonate overlaminates are coated with a high-performance, solvent-based adhesive designed to improve the product's resistance to tunneling, crazing and stress whitening, when graphics are rolled. The heavy coating weight of its non-yellowing adhesive allows for better adhesive wet out resulting in blemish-free laminations. Its polyester film liner keeps adhesive smooth and crystal clear to prevent orange peel.
Thick polycarbonate overlaminates are also often used for the protection of exhibit materials. This rigid protection offers excellent lay-flat characteristics, and its velvety texture eliminates any glare from overhead lighting. Polycarbonate can also withstand the rough handling encountered in tradeshow environments. Remember, tradeshow graphics are constantly being rolled and unrolled and then rolled again.
Features of Eclypse™ Polycarbonate Overlaminates
- Velvet texture eliminates glare from overhead lights.
- Thick, rigid facestock features excellent lay-flat characteristics.
- Withstands abrasion and rough handling.
- Clear, non-yellowing adhesive for brilliant clarity. Resists moisture and other adverse conditions.
- Smooth film liner keeps adhesive smooth and crystal clear to prevent orange peel.
- Heavier adhesive coating weight allows for proper adhesive flow and blemish-free laminations. Resists tunneling, crazing and stress whitening on rolled graphics.
- Ideal for protecting ink jet, electrostatic, photographic or screen printed images.
- Indoor durability of the film is up to five years. The durability of the printed image depends greatly on the quality of the ink system, not the overlaminate.
Advantages of Eclypse™ Polycarbonate Overlaminates for Floor Graphics
- Tough, resilient Eclypse™ polycarbonate overlaminates withstand heavy daily foot traffic. A great choice for the most demanding applications.
- Matte texture prevents slippage. Eclypse™ polycarbonate overlaminates satisfy the American Standard for Testing Materials (ASTM) D2047 requirements for coefficient of friction.
- Film liner keeps adhesive smooth and crystal clear to prevent orange peel.
- Heavy adhesive coating weight allows for proper adhesive flow and blemish-free laminations. Resists tunneling, crazing and stress whitening on rolled graphics.
- DESIGN IDEA: For eye-catching floor graphics that will stop shoppers dead in their tracks, use VinylEfx® printable films as a floor graphics media protected with 3 mil Eclypse™ polycarbonate overlaminate.
- POP Displays
- Exhibit & Tradeshow Graphics
- In-Store Signage
- Photographic Prints
- Floor Graphics
- 75 micron (3 mils) Velvet/Matte texture Claritex® polycarbonate with 1.5 mils of solvent acrylic adhesive.
- 125 micron (5 mils) Velvet/Matte texture Claritex® polycarbonate with 1.5 mils of solvent acrylic adhesive.
- 250 micron (10 mils) Velvet/Matte texture Claritex® polycarbonate with 1.5 mils of solvent acrylic adhesive.
Stock Roll Sizes:
- 38” x 50 yds.
- 51” x 50 yds.